Friday, September 07, 2007

like-a like-a-bike


I ventured down to Aldi yesterday to buy a bike for LB. Thursdays is sale day at Aldi and they always have a strange assortment of bargain items. J gets the email newsletter and saw they had a knockoff of the Like-a-bike on sale this week for $69 rather than the $350 or so the originals go for, so of course I just *had* to get one.
It's great value at $69 but Aldi is a nightmare on Thursdays, especially rainy thursdays. All the old people in the vicinity decide to do their shopping on Thursdays so the aisles and carpark are full of doddering old folk that can barely walk, let alone push a trolley. Plus, the bargain hunters can get a bit feral... I was a bit worried I miss out, too, when I saw loads of people coming out carrying bike boxes. Anyway, bike scored! Although, LB thinks its too wobbly and that we should go buy some pedals...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home