Monday, August 20, 2007

Only in 2007


Um... I have a confession to make: my 3 year old has an ipod. I know! In truth it is one of J's (he has three, can you believe it!). Still, it is amusing to see her snuggled up in bed listening to it. J bought her some can earphones because I thought the in-ear ones would not be a good idea for a little pudding and she just loves it. She only really loses it when the thing needs recharging and it's out of action for a while...
In other toy news, how are all these recalls? I am amazed but also not amazed. I spend so long agonising over food, toiletries and cleaning stuff and here my little babies could be ingesting lead as we speak! Okay, enough with the hysterics. I think I have probably bought about three toys in my entire parenting career -- the rest are hand-me-downs or gifts. Can you imagine withholding a Dora toy because it was made in China in front of the child? I guess you could sneak it away in the night.
I did feel absolutely virtuous about the dolls house I made for LB for Christmas. It was somewhat of an ordeal, what with being about 30 weeks pregnant and in and out of hospital due to complications, but I got it done! And, I think she liked it. She plays with it and I think it is supercute, so that's all that matters. Plus, I *think* it is free from lead paint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home