Yay for nappies!
After a restless night's sleep wondering how I was going to keep people interested in making nappies for almost an hour, the workshop turned out well, I think. Five people turned up to listen in on how to make their own cloth nappies from recycled fabric. They asked pertinent questions and seemed interested, so I was happy.
My workshop started at 9am, so arrived just after 8.30 to get settled and feed baby G before everyone else turned up. One other lady was also doing a workshop at 9am, on baking bread, and the organisers were running around at 9.05am looking for her! That's pretty slack, I think. If your attendees can be up and ready at 9am, so should you.
As a speaker, I was given a bunch of coupons for free food, so felt very much taken care of. We had home-baked cookies, free trade coffee and organic sausages (it was that kind of group!). The local mayer even attended (the council had given the group a grant to run the day) and mentioned a local school that has banned plastic and paper wraps to reduce waste. It got me thinking about ways to reduce the packaging on LB's kindy lunches. As it is, she gets her morning and afternoon tea in paper bags (two per day) and some stuff in plastic bags (the little zip-up kind). I've already been sending cut-up fruit in little dishes, so perhaps that's the way to go. I could also make fabric bags with morning and afternoon tea printed or sewn on... Something to consider, anway.
I also went to a workshop on growing sprouts in baskets (should be great for my balcony) and making first aid products from herbs, but I got a bit restless in that one. When I was at Uni I used to get restless in 50 minute lectures, so I think I just have a short attention span.
They even had a creche with a very motherly lady to look after the kids. I think she carried G around half the day. I hope she doesn't have a backahe today!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home