Tea and sympathy
Mothers group today was a success. Six mothers and babies came and we had a nice couple of hours chatting. Baby G slept most of the time in his bed, which is the beauty of hosting! In fact, he's back in bed now. I guess he's having a sleepy day and I shouldn't complain.
The poor thing has had a cold for a while now and has been coughing a bit. The coughing completely freaks me out. LB was never sick, so I didn't have that lying awake at night listening to the baby cough hysteria. Of course, my mind jumps to pneumonia and bronchitis!
The banana and honey bread was pretty good, I have to say. Chewy, as advertised. The honey, however, that I drizzled on top to make a caramalised topping slid straight to the bottom! Tonight's menu features pizza with hummous and meat. Strange, but tastes good. J particularly likes this and as he indicated he might be home from work early I thought I would make it (and it is a Wednesday meal!). Otherwise he gets cold pizza! I make the meat topping in bulk and freeze portions. I also don't use the craisins as that is one extra thing to think about in the supermarket. I use sultanas or raisins instead and often skip the pine nuts. I think I will make the hummous too because when I was checking the pantry the other day I noticed about six tins of chickpeas! Talk about overshopping. Must use up what I have!
Luckily no one today wanted coffee this morning. I had warmed the machine in preparation but I make such a crap cup, I would have been embarrased. Everyone is beginning to think of solids now that our babies are past the four month mark. I will wait until G is six months old but must admit to having started to think about what to puree for him and all that jazz. I even looked at the chairs in the baby shop yesterday, although I don't think I will buy one. I already have a great hand-me-down one, but it just takes up a bit of room. I think I will skip that baby rice stuff this time. It can't taste good, it looks truly foul! I remember last time cooking up organic peaches and the beautiful smell. It's so wonderful to prepare great-tasting stuff for a baby even if they spit it out! It's better than LB at the moment, who, whenever presented with a meal these days, says "yucky"! I blame it on the preschool kids!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home