The permaculture crowd
So, this sunday I will be presenting a workshop on making nappies from recycled fabric. Somehow my mother talked me into this. She is part of a permaculture group and they have a day of workshops this sunday.
The good news is that they are paying me for it! I'm not sure how much, but still. After feeling nervous about it for months, I'm now pretty excited. I do love to talk, and these people are interested in the topic, so what could go wrong?
Anyway, I've been getting my stuff together so that I can have nappies in various stages. It's not all bad because the nappies I made for baby G are now too small for the hefty boy so I need to make some more and this has got me motivated.
My presentation will be around making a fitted nappy in the style of the Very Baby ones. I've also bought a new pattern to make some for G from New Conceptions -- the sidesnapping ones. I've made their pattern for Poo Pockets before and it works quite well.
I'm anticipating about four attendees. I know two people have bought tickets so far, so it will most likely be a small group, which is good. Of course, the Sunday 9am timeslot may have something to do with less attendees!
(I'll post some pics next week!)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home