Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Meal planning cheating

So, the meal plan is only in day two and I'm already cheating. But I have a great excuse! My MIL brought over some pumpkin soup yesterday, which I saved because the Pastitsio was already in full swing, that we are eating tonight.
We're going to have some bread alongside that I made last week and froze. It's like a foccacia with bacon and cheese on top. I actually made it for LB because she wolfs down the similar rolls from Bakers Delight, but of course she decided Mum's version wasn't up to scratch... Not to worry, J and I will enjoy it with our free soup!
I did do some cooking today: banana and honey bread for mothers group tomorrow. It's in the bread machine now and once LB is having her milk and getting ready for bed I'll shape it into rolls and then bake it in the morning before everyone arrives. It was a Jamie Oliver recipe I adapted for the machine, so here's hoping it works! (I found the recipe at his site ages ago and printed it off but it seems to have been replaced by newer recipes. Apparently it's from the Happy Days cookbook).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home