Pleasant surprises
J and I have only been on one holiday since LB was born last March. We had to cut it short because she just wouldn't sleep in her portacot and we were all becoming sleep deprived. So you can imagine we were a little aprehensive about staying the weekend at my sister's in the Blue Mountains.
Well, as usual, we were completely off the mark! She went straight to sleep when Josh put her in bed and only woke once. A great result! This was a big surprise to me and just goes to show we shouldn't assume bad behaviour...
I think the secret was a foam mattress we put in the portacot. I know you're not supposed to do that, because of SIDs, but the portacot is so hard. It would be like sleeping on concrete. Of course, she's six months older, too, so that probably made a difference.
She loved playing with her six-year-old and five-year-old cousins, who sweetly gathered suitable toys for her. It was great to see them playing.
The other highlight was a night off. My sister, mother and I went out for Japanese on Saturday and had a fine time. It was great to eat out without a sqwarking, hungry bird beside me!
In pram spotting news, the Mountains are Bugaboo central -- saw two in one cafe alone.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home