Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I probably shouldn't blog this...

because it might upset you as much as it did me, but I think I've finally got rid of the mental picture. On Friday I sat down to give LB her midday feed and switched on Dr Phil, as you do when you don't have pay TV, and was pretty disturbed by what I saw. I only watched a few minutes, but the show was about babysitters injuring kids and they had footage of one woman smacking a child smaller than LB several times. Anyway, I gave LB the shock of her life by lunging for the remote and switching to the Nanny (no Pay TV, remember).
All weekend I had that mental picture. I had to block it so I wouldn't cry. This is all part of the trouble I now have watching TV. I know it's an important story, but I just can't deal with it. I can't watch any crime show that involves women or children getting hurt, either, like Law and Order last week when a woman pushing a pram was killed by a sniper -- again the lunge for the remote control. Men, however, getting hurt (televisualy not actually) doesn't disturb me as much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home