Prams worries
More pram stuff. That Choice review is getting a good bit of comment on Essential Baby. Some people say ignore it, while others are worried about it -- especially the durability issues (some of them broke after something like a simulated 40 hours of walking, I think).
As I mentioned before, the results for the Valco are interesting. So many people have this pram (either that or a Peg Perego, in my neck of the woods -- would be interesting to see what the most popular ones are in other areas!). I do remember that a friend of mine bought one and only had it a couple of weeks before the front wheel fell off. Oh yeah, the baby was in the pram... not strapped in! Luckily, she managed to catch the front of the pram before it tipped and presumably tossed her newborn out. I think she had the store repair it, so it was prob just a manufacturing fault rather than a reflection on the prams as a whole.
Buying a pram is such a fraught purchase. I'm jealous of people who buy one that they are completely happy with. Maybe I'm just too fussy. However, another Essential Baby forum visitor said she is buying the Quinny I like online and I mentioned I was worried about buying a pram sight unseen after an ebay disaster and she said she'd bought four from stores and they'd all ended up on the council cleanup. Good grief! I think J would divorce me if I did that! I have my fingers crossed this one will be it for her. I think she's getting the Buzz and the Zapp (one full featured, the other more like a light stroller) so she should have all the bases covered.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home