Monday, May 30, 2005

The playpen conspiracy

I haven't been able to post earlier today because of a disaster that struck our household... If I say the words, 'we went to the mall today', you will begin to understand.
Actually, the trip wasn't so bad. We wanted to buy a wooden playpen to put the heater in to keep tiny prying hands away. Babies Galore and Target both had the required item -- but for $100. Who knew playpens would be so expensive? Certainly not us. We may have to turn to ebay and freeze in the meantime.
On another note, I got to check out the prams in Babies Galore. The new Bertini Mio looks pretty good and steers well, but it is a wide sucker and pricey at nearly $1000. No Peg Perego Pramette unfortunately, and the Stokke Xplory seems to have disappeared. Word is, it was no good and the company is releasing a much better version soon.
On the way back, LB fell asleep about 30 minutes before her usual naptime. I felt the cold hand of doom at that point. Do you keep the child awake or let the poor lamb slumber peacefully? I took the coward's way and let her sleep and paid for it all afternoon. LB considered the fifteen minutes of nap in the car sufficient for the day and would only howl when a I put her in the cot. So I had a grumpy, tired, clingy baby all afternoon.
This is probably the first Sunday I've thought: "yay, I get to go to work tomorrow!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home