No ponchos!
I know ponchos are really in fashion at the moment and some people think they're good for breastfeeding in public, but I find them a bit weird. Would your baby really like to be covered by a fringey thing? I don't know how warm they would be, either, for mum. Better to go with a cool cardi (is there such a thing? he he).
Anyway, I saw this last week and wanted to blog it but something (LB?) came up and I forgot. It's about a nurse-in at Starbucks after a mother was asked not to feed her toddler. They picked the wrong lady, that's for sure. She's some kind of professional activist! Anyway, they staged a protest with lots of mums feeding their babies.
The organiser tells Hip Mama webzine in that link of one young mum that came in while the protest was going on by accident. She had a newborn and was quite nervous about feeding in public but found other mothers doing the same thing reassuring. Luckily, she wasn't the mum asked to stop feeding in the first place.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home