Choice jogger review
Choice magazine has just done a review of jogger strollers. I actually considered taking part in the test but they held it on a Wednesday, a day that I work. It's a premium report, so you're supposed to pay for it... Basically, they recommend the Mountain Buggy Urban (which I think are great) and the Beema Q is the best buy cos it's cheap.
I was amazed at how heavy some of them are -- the Valco Rebel they tested is 17kg. Good grief! That's too heavy by about 5kg, I think. I saw a couple in the baby store last weekend looking at this and they wanted to have a baby soon after the one they are expecting (J looked horrified when I told them that!) so would need the toddler seat. I said to check the weight. A heavy stroller plus the seat spells serious back trouble. Especially after two pregnancies close together!
The other thing the testers mention is the difficulty getting through doors. This is a problem I found with my (albeit cheap, dodgy) one. I got a narrow one because the better-known ones are so wide, but found it quite unstable. With only three wheels they need to be wide so as not to tip but this makes it hard to get through doors and aisles in supermarkets. One of my friends has a Valco and can't get it through our local Coles checkouts. Something to remember. That's why I like the Urban. It's sturdy but relatively small.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home