Friday, May 27, 2005

Baby love

For a few months now I've been dreaming about having another baby. Of course, I'm scaring the pants off both of us because of it. LB is only 14 months old, after all, and I've only been back at work since January.
At first I thought it was hormones. I have been a slave to hormones for many a year so I'm not ashamed to admit it. Now, I think it's something else as well (can't discount those hormones).
I think I'm hoping to recapture some of that beautiful anticipation I had waiting for LB to be born. I had such a great pregnancy and was so positive -- it all seemed so cosy and easy compared to dealing with a toddler, as much as I adore LB.
Of course, having another baby will be completely different. And, I conveniently forget about morning sickness and those nights I had to go to bed at 6pm because I was so bone-tired. Or of those crazy early days with LB.
But now I have a better idea of where these feelings are coming from it's helping me deal with my baby lust. Yes, I will have another baby one day but there's no rush. It's great to remember those fun times without trying to relive them manically. Who know I would be so clever about my emotions? It just takes me about three months to parse them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home