Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Step 2 sleep dramas

The latest step in my plan to wean LB off night feeds is not going so well. So far, I think she's used to comforting in her room -- before I had to take her out to the lounge. When we reached this point I moved to stage b: trying water instead of milk. I thought if J took it in to her she might not mind so much (not being able to smell the milk etc) and I bought her a bottle so it had a soft nipple. Stubborn little thing that she is, she just said no dice. As soon as she realises it's daddy and not mummy in the room she screams blue murder! Hey, she says, where's the milk? THIS IS NOT RIGHT!
At that point I have to get up and go feed her to stop her from getting too hysterical. I'm not too disturbed by this. She really only wakes once, at most twice, a night, but I think it's good to move her in the right direction.
Of course the other problem I have is teeth marks. She's had teeth for a while, but it's only lately that she's decided to sink them in -- especially if I've kept her waiting too long! Ouch! It's painful, but not as painful as cracks and grazes -- which I'll leave to another post because that's a whole other world of pain.

On another note, this morning when I got LB up I could hear the anthem being sung at the nearby War Veterans home. It's quite a few blocks away, but in the still of the morning it came across very clearly. LB made a little questioning sound, huh?, So I sung it for her. She laughed. I'm not sure whether it was my bad singing or if we're breeding an anti-establishment child...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home