A new plan
LB tricked me. When she was small she was the perfect sleeper. From about 12 weeks she slept from 6.30 in the evening to around 5.30 in the morning. I felt so blessed to have a baby so contented and peaceful. Then, around six months, she started waking again at night. Since then we've had our ups and downs -- from maybe one waking a night, no wakings through to one every two hours. As you can imagine this is pretty demoralising. At first, my approach was to feed her -- she's just a baby, after all. But now she's one, and things have been worse over the last few nights, I've decided to take some action. I bought a book by Elizabeth Pantley called The No Cry Sleep Solution and I'm going to give it a try. Most other advice, including that from the nurses at the baby clinic, is controlled crying, which is just not for us. I have been searching high and low for some research on the effects of this and can find none -- please let me know if you have any!
Anyway, at the moment we are in the first stage of our plan: creating logs. The idea is that you note down your baby's sleep patterns for a period of time to get a baseline to create a plan and then to measure your success. I'll keep you up to date!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home