Hmmm
I'm not sure how the new plan is going. Basically, LB's sleep patterns at night are all over the place so it's hard to judge if we have any improvements. One thing's for sure: we were very pleased to wake this morning, for the first time all night, at 5.30. I never thought I would say I was glad to wake at 5.30am. I used to think, pre-baby, that 6am was the outer-limit... there was no way I would get up before then! Who knows if anything we've done has made a difference, or whether she just slept through of her own accord?
To summarise our plan, this is what I'm doing:
*Night feeds all now take place in her room: in the past we did them out in the lounge and this made it impossible to comfort her in her own room -- she immediately wanted to go outside.
*I'm trying to reduce night feeds. This is being met with some resistance, but I will persevere.
*I've moved her bed time a bit earlier so she is less likely to fall asleep during her last feed. Hopefully, this will mean she'll get a full feed as well as, as the sleep experts bang on about, break her association with needing to feed to go to sleep (I'm not convinced she has this association, but anyway).
*We've moved to a one nap routine. Who knows what effect this will have, but at the moment it means she's absolutely exhaused come bedtime, which makes me unhappy, nervous but also a litte gratful (she falls into bed, keen for sleep at bedtime).
DID YOU KNOW: any baby that sleeps five hours together after midnight is deemed by the experts to sleep through the night. This is now what all those busy-bodies mean when they press you to learn if darling baby sleeps through the night.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home