Saturday, April 23, 2005

Grouchy baby

Little bean has been very cranky these past couple of days. I think it may be due to the (one year) vaccinations she had last week (three -- count 'em! -- jabs in the arm). Apparently, they can get a reaction 5-12 days after the MMR one, which is a bit hairier than the others. The early ones only made her a bit cranky for about 24 hours.
The whole thing is very stressful for mother and baby. I used to lie awake all night before them worrying whether I was doing the right thing. There's so much -- probably dodgy -- stuff out there saying vaccines cause autism, SIDS, etc. But then I saw a show about people with Polio and I realised that if it wasn't for mass vaccination against this disease our kids could get this awful, life-crippling illness. Now I worry less but I still cry as the needles go in! It really goes against your mother's instinct to see put your baby through pain, even if it is for their own good.
Anyway, hopefully LB will pass through this little temperment hiccough. Normally, she's a sunny little thing but lately nothing will please her. Yesterday, at Ikea, I had to carry her because she wouldn't sit in the pram or trolley withough screaming. I can tell you, carrying an 11.6kg infant through the barn that is Ikea Hombush is pretty exhausting!

PS; they have some pretty cute cot sheets in Ikea if you're in the market for them and the high chairs are cheap, but so tiny (plus, it's better to get one with wheels if you can).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home